PRIMA (Partnership for R&I in the Mediterranean Area)
Environmental and social changes are deeply affecting Euro-Mediterranean agro-food systems and water resources.
Climate change, unsustainable agricultural practices, over-exploitation of natural resources, new lifestyle behaviours (diet, physical activity and socio-cultural) and low profitability of smallholders put a strain on the sustainable and healthy development of the region, with major impacts on our societies.
The increased complexity and multidimensionality of such social, economic and environmental challenges can only be tackled through common efforts and resources with a research and innovation approach.
PRIMA's expected impacts:
* Economic impacts: increase in production and efficiency, access to new markets, greater funding options and large-scale aggregate economic impacts.
* Social impacts: political stabiliy and reduced migration.
* Environmental impacts: biodiversiy consevation, sustainable farming practices.
19 participating countries: Israel, Cyprus, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Morocco.
Section 1 - EU funding, subjected to H2020 funding rules.
Section 2 - National funding, subjected to the countries national funding laws.
לתשומת לבכם - לאור ההבדל במקור המימון לשני חלק התכנית, האקדמיה הישראלית מוזמנת להגיש הצעות לחלקה הראשון של תכנית העבודה (section 1), ואילו התעשיה הישראלית מוזמנת להגיש הצעות לשני חלקי תכנית העבודה.
Four thematic areas:
1. Management of water: integrated and sustainable management of water for arid and semi-arid Mediterranean areas
2. Farming systems: sustainable farming systems under Mediterranean environmental constrains
3. AGRO-FOOD value chain: sustainable Mediterranean AGRO-FOOD value chain for regional and local developement
4. NEXUS: Water-Ecosystems-Food Nexus
Rules of participation:
- The minimum number of participants is three. Consortia must be composed by at least three independent legal entities established in three different countries considered to be PRIMA Participating States, of which:
* At least one established in a Member State or Associated Country to Horizon 2020: Croatia, Cyprus, France, Italy, Germany, Greece, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain.
* At least one established in a country bordering the Mediterrean sea : Israel, Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey.
- Proposals are submitted in 2-stage manner (1st stage and full proposal).
Projects are expected to propose solutions to existing problems, encouraged to involved as much as possible a diversity of actors (SMEs, NGOs, Farmers, extension services….) especially for Innovation Actions, encouraged to promote mobility and training and encouraged to integrate new technologies.
2019 Call for Proposals
Section 1 - EU funding, subjected to H2020 funding rules (18 M Euros)
Deadline for submissions: 28/2/2019
1.Management of water:
* Sustainable groundwater management in water-stressed Mediterranean areas (6.4 M Euros)
2. Farming systems:
* Conserving water and soil in Mediterranean dry-farming, smallholder agriculture
(4.5 M Euros)
* Sustainability and competitiveness of Mediterranean greenhouse and intensive Horticulture (6.4 M Euros)
3. AGRO-FOOD value chain:
* Implementation of analytical tools and digital technology to achieve traceability, authenticity control of traditional Mediterranean foods (6.4 M Euros)
* Assessing social, technical and economic benefits of a cross-sectoral governance of the Water-Ecosystems-Food Nexus (3.2 M Euros)
* Platform for mapping and capitalisation of results and best practices from past and on-going projects related to farming system, water and food in the Mediterranean Area
(1.1 M Euros)
Section 2 - National funding, subjected to the countries national funding laws (34.9M Euros)
Deadline for submissions: 21/2/2019
On 4/12/2018 PRIMA held an infoday towards the 2019 call for proposals.
Video, photos and documentation from the infoday
PRIMA's partner search platform: http://prima-med.org/find-partners/